Monday 29 December 2008

New Years Resolution, and an Introduction

The beginnings of a blog - The introduction:

I know quite a few people who write and maintain blogs, journals, diaries and other memoirs, and I often think it would be pretty nifty to do that myself. With the New Year fast approaching, what better time to start then now?

However, I do doubt the interest value of my day to day life. And so, this blog will be less about what I do every day, but more, some general musings and observations, on my day to day life.

Which one is more boring remains to be seen.

I'll also be using this blog as motivation to get out more and take pictures with my camera. I have been a keen photographer for about 2 years now, and another of my New Years resolutions is to progress my photography. (For the togs and camera buffs out there: Nikon D80 (The body is spanking new, just upgraded from a D50), Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5, Sigma 10-20mm f/4, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Redsnapper Tri-283 with RS528 and a Nikon ML-L3.)

I'll hopefully try and post a new entry once every few days, along with a photo, but being a student in a course that has bent me over and taken me like a prison bitch, I dont have alot of time, and will try and put tid-bits and details in as best I can.

I wont't be publicising this blog to friends and family until I have five entries, that way, they have something to read.

Wish me luck and perseverance. Hopefully I can amass something that I can be proud of, or at the very least, something I can laugh about in ten years time.

Thanks for getting this far,

Dom

No comments: